Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Here we go again

The other day the Akron Beacon Journal published an article
on school funding and a report from a university. As usual the
report is a throw money at it solution.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm tired of paying for
something I don't use. I don't mind helping but why does
someone who is not using the system paying same amount as
someone who is using it and has similar properties?
Look folks if you want more money from me four demands
have to be met.

1. cut my taxes elsewhere. (I'm tired of being taxed to death)
2. make people who use the schools pay their fair share. (if you
use it you should pay more)
3. year around school. (More school time less time to forget)
4. End tenure. (If you can't teach you shouldn't be in the school)

What the Hell is so hard to figure out about this?

Mike D.


And for Larry: I didn't get to see your post before it was deleted
but I heard about it will be at the Goodyear Metropark Wednesday
morning getting my exercise around 8:15am. Look for the red
shirt back by the restrooms and trail head. Just off Newton.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Well Mike,

Did Larry show up?

Anonymous said...

Nope. I had a rather damp and
uneventful work out all by myself.
Oh and I had a nice chat with
one of the rangers that I saw.

Anonymous said...

There are a couple things you should understand. The majority of people with children have less disposable income (low income families) because kids are expensive! And they take up a ton of your time. So they can't afford to pay as much as you, who have no one else to support. "That's unfair!" you may say. Well I'll tell you what you get out of the deal. If you educate the children in your community, and help pay for afterschool sports programs, art, etc it will keep the kids off the street and out of trouble. That way your house isn't going to get burglarized by Meth addicts. You won't see graffiti all over town, be afraid to go out at night alone, and property values will go up because rich people will want to move to your lovely little town because it has good schools. So should people with kids pay more? Yes, but is it worth it to me to pay for it when they can't...of course it is!!! Plus I love kids. :)